Senior Auditor - Government position
Our client has sought the assistance of IT Force to hire a Senior Auditor.
A Senior Auditor is responsible for the management of a portfolio of financial audits or examinations. The equivalent in commercial practice is Audit Manager who manages a professional team and is the key contact between the Office and each audited body. A Senior Auditor must hold a professional accountancy qualification.
The Senior Auditor reports to a Deputy Director of Audit and is responsible for:
- applying audit and reporting policies, strategies and standards effectively
- managing team members and reviewing their work to ensure that it has been carried out efficiently and effectively in line with approved methodologies and that all key issues have been identified and dealt with appropriately
- reporting the results of audits and examinations to senior management
- making recommendations to senior management about matters involving complex professional judgements
- representing the Office in its dealings with audited bodies including attendance at audit committees of audited bodies
- briefing the C&AG for meetings of the Dáil Committee of Public Accounts
- delivering the annual business plan for the team.
A Senior Auditor may be engaged either in financial audit or reporting work and must have the capacity to carry out any functions or combination of functions attaching to any Senior Auditor post in the Office.
The starting salary for a Senior Auditor is €66,495 with annual increments payable if service is satisfactory.
Should you meet the requirements of the position and wish to apply, please send your detailed CV to us for consideration. You must be fully authorised to work in Ireland.