Microsoft Lync for Business
Stay connected with Skype for Business (Lync)
Microsoft's unified communications platform, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), is an enterprise-ready platform that connects people everywhere. It seamlessly integrates a number of different communication tools, including voice, instant messaging, audio, video, and web conferencing into a single interface, allowing for a consistent user experience across multiple devices.
Skype for Business is available as a standalone service from Microsoft Office 365 or as part of an Office 365 for enterprises suite that includes Lync Online, Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft Office Professional Plus, and Microsoft Office Online.
Skype for Business gives businesses access to the collaboration tools that they require, but they do not have the operational burden of on-premises server software. The software is hosted in the cloud and the pay per user model puts capital expenditure at a minimum.
Skype for Business features
- Get real-time presence information—including photos, availability status, and location—and enhanced instant messaging (IM) to connect efficiently and effectively.
- Make voice calls through your computer to other Lync or Skype users in your organization or in other organizations that use Lync or Skype.
- Create, moderate, and join pre-planned and on-the-fly audio, video, and web meetings with people inside and outside your organization.
- Enhance online presentations with screen-sharing and virtual whiteboards.
- Let customers participate in your Lync conference calls even if they are not Office 365 or Lync Online customers.
Talk to IT Force about Skype for Business
As a Microsoft Gold Partner and solutions provider, IT Force can work with you to tailor the solution to your business requirements, extracting even more value out of the service. We can explore a number of options that expand the service offering, from unified messaging and archiving to social network integration.